Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My mentor

Hi kids. You can read my new post over on 'Pay it Forward', with the Times Union bloggers, here. 

I have chatted about my living kidney donor mentor, Cara Yesawich, in the past here, and felt it was important to include her in my conversation about my donation journey on the Times Union's site. She was a very special presence in my life then, and is still now.

Cara Yesawich, my living kidney donor mentor.

I encourage all prospective donors to reach out to another donor as they embrace their experience. I know I couldn't have done this without her, and I truly believe it can enhance your journey in more ways than one.

Feel free to contact me if you should want to find more resources in the community. Having a buddy to hold your hand as you walk through this process can make all the difference in the world.

2 comments:

  1. You were a valuable "buddy" for me through my donation process and I am very thankful for that. I'm glad I've been able to pay it forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. We love the "Pay It Forward" philosophy you have! We celebrate the gift of life and our mission is to try to help others enjoy it as much as possible. Learn more about what we do here: http://bit.ly/LkrEzP

    ReplyDelete